W.E.B production results September 2017
10/2017 - Back to overview
September brings on the wind – production results significantly above target
The overall monthly production of 76,903 MWh clearly surpassed its target in September.
The beginning of autumn turned out to be quite impressive with dynamic movements of air masses in Central and Northern Europe caused by troughs of low-pressure systems from the west. In the production countries Austria, Germany, and the Czech Republic, the wind levels were sometimes considerably higher than the long-term average. France, Canada, and the United States concluded the month below target.
In comparison to average weather conditions for this time of year, the month of September offered far fewer hours of sunlight, which caused the photovoltaic segment in Austria, the Czech Republic, and Italy to produce results below average.
In the hydroelectric power segment, Austria and Germany remained below target.
Overview based on technology:
- Total production: +9.4%
- Wind power plant with the best results: Parbasdorf II +54.4%
- Wind power plant with the highest total production: Parbasdorf II 978 MWh
- Total production: -3.9%
- Solar power plant with the best results: Montenero I +4.8%
- Total production: -12.5%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in September: 76,903 MWh
- Percentage of annual projections: 70.19%