W.E.B Production Results October 2015
11/2015 - Back to overview
Central European weather services conclude that the conditions were rather typical yet slightly too cool for October. As our total production of 46,651 MWh stays below target, however, it was a little too quiet for our taste.
As peaceful and quiet the weather stayed in Europe, as spectacular conditions turned out at the eastern coast of Canada. Two hurricane warnings kept our colleagues in Nova Scotia on their toes – one at the beginning and one at the end of October. So while the first warning turned out to be a false alarm, the second one sent mighty storms across the region.
In terms of W.E.B, something rather extraordinary was about to happen: on the one side of the ocean, our Canadian wind farms had to be shut down to protect the power plants from gusting winds and extreme wind speeds, and on the other side production almost came to a halt due to dead calm wind conditions in Europe. Needless to say, this continental division affects our production results as well: Austria stays just below target but still ahead of Germany, France, and the Czech Republic that are lagging behind considerably. In positive contrast, our “hurricane tested” Canadian plants boasted a new monthly production record.
The photovoltaics segment was not able to reach its target in any of our production countries due to dull autumn weather with 10 to 20 percent fewer hours of sun for an average October.
As Germany experienced the ninth month in row with insufficient precipitation, it was hardly surprising to find our hydroelectric power segment producing below target as well.
Overview based on technology:
- Production below target: -16.25%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Martock Ridge +28.9%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Parker Mountain 933 MWh
- Solar power production below target: -22.4%
- Best relative plant results: Heidenreichstein -14.4%
- Hydroelectric power production below target: -22.0%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in October: 46,651 MWh*
- Accumulated result in the course of the year: 576,199 MWh*
- Percentage of annual projections: 81.2%*
* Participations included in all values.