W.E.B production results November 2016
12/2016 - Back to overview
Wind conditions in November reflect a positive trend – production results just barely miss expectations
The wind conditions in November were noticeably better than in the last few months. Our monthly total production of 72,521 MWh stayed just below target.
At the beginning of the month, the low-pressure systems Husch and Ilka provided us with freezing temperatures and good wind. An extended calm weather period followed. Warm foehn winds from the south and better overall wind conditions in the second half of November could not make up for the loss, though. Austria and Germany barely missed their target; France and the Czech Republic stayed below expectations. Our Canadian plants generated positive results in November.
Austria, the Czech Republic, and Italy benefitted from ten percent more hours of sunlight compared to the long-term average and significantly surpassed their targets in the photovoltaic segment.
The hydroelectric segment performed below average in Austria and Germany.
Overview based on technology:
- Total production: -6.3%*
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Martock Ridge +38.3%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: NEU III 918 MWh
- Total production: +15.8%
- Best relative plant results: Weikendorf +32.9%
- Total production: -20.1%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in November: 72,521 MWh*
- Percentage of annual projections: 81.99%
* Production results of the newly commissioned Walton (CA) and Les Gourlus (FR) not included.