W.E.B production results May 2017
06/2017 - Back to overview
European wind conditions below average – production below target
Although the month of May exceeded the long-term average in terms of temperatures, the wind conditions did not play along in Europe. In consequence, our overall production of 69,552 MWh could not reach is target.
In May the production results were characterized by a strong dichotomy: while our European production countries Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, and France suffered under the calm air masses and could not meet expectations, Canada and the United States produced clearly positive results.
As there was more sunshine than usually in May, the photovoltaic power segment performed better than expected in Austria, the Czech Republic, and Italy.
In the hydroelectric power segment, Austria and Germany remained below target.
Overview based on technology:
- Total production: -9.3%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Isle Madame +61.7%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Parbasdorf II 835 MWh
- Total production: +3.9%
- Best relative plant results: Laa I +19.1%
- Total production: -23.0%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in May: 69,552 MWh
- Percentage of annual projections: 43.49%