W.E.B Production Results June
07/2015 - Back to overview
June’s highly unstable weather conditions lead to W.E.B production results slightly below target.
Although June’s production results of 40,017 MWh remained slightly below target, we can still look back on a highly successful half year. As the first four months provided excellent results, our total production exceeded our planned target levels. All solar power plants produced more energy than expected, while the hydropower and wind sector could not reach the projected results in June.
In Central Europe, the month of June presented extremely unstable and unseasonably low temperatures with rainfall. The wind power sector was able to keep up with projections for a long time. The last days of June, however, provided nothing but high temperatures and weak wind conditions, which brought down production results in Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. Fortunately, France stayed above target and the outstanding wind locations in Canada ranked among the top performers with excellent results once again.
Sunny days at the beginning and end of June also enabled our solar power plants in Austria, Italy and the Czech Republic to reach a strong growth in production.
The production results of our hydroelectric power plants stayed below target due to the dry conditions of the last few months that could not even be compensated by the heavy rain storms.
Overview based on technology:
- Production below target: -11.5%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Little River: +48.21%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Parker Mountain: 705 MWh
- Solar power production above target: +13.4%
- Best relative plant results: Pfaffenschlag +28.4%
- Hydroelectric power production below target: -8.8%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in June: 40,017 MWh*
- Accumulated result in the course of the year: 385,713 MWh*
- Percentage of annual projections: 54.35%*
* Participations included in all values.