W.E.B Production Results July
08/2015 - Back to overview
The heat wave is also affecting W.E.B production. Lots of sun, high temperatures and weak winds: results slightly below target.
Although it was one of the hottest Julys in Central Europe since the beginning of weather recording and high temperatures heated up our wind power plants to operating temperature, they could not operate at full capacity. In consequence, this month’s total production of 42,454 MWh remained slightly below target. Based on our annual projections, our excellent production results of the first six months still keep us above target – and that right in the middle of the usually weaker summer months in terms of wind.
Austria experienced two heat waves of extremely high temperatures this July. Record temperatures were accompanied by weak winds which made it impossible for our wind power plants in Austria to reach their target. The wind situation was different in Germany, France and the Czech Republic, though. Particularly in their northern regions, the weather was shaped by strong winds and helped these countries to exceed their projected target levels. The highest capacity was reached in northern Germany. This time, our top performer of the last few months, Canada, could not reach its target due to weak winds and summer weather either.
As one would expect, the photovoltaic segment exceeded our expectations. Interesting detail: the weather was split into two separate systems along the Alpine divide. While the North was rather dry with lots of sun, rain and increased could formation somewhat reduced our solar power production in the South.
Moreover, the dry period that had defined the last few months continued and affected the production of our hydropower plants. Both plants, Imst and Eberbach, stayed below their projected results.
Overview based on technology:
- Production below target: -13.95%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Francop +76.7%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Saint Rose: 506 MWh
- Solar power production above target: +11.7%
- Best relative plant results: Pfaffenschlag +46.5%
- Hydroelectric power production below target: -28.9%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in July: 42,454 MWh*
- Accumulated result in the course of the year: 428,314 MWh*
- Percentage of annual projections: 60.35%*
* Participations included in all values.