W.E.B production results August 2022
Continued high pressure and drought – monthly production below target
09/2022 - Back to overview
The overall monthly production of 66,884 MWh remained considerably below the defined target in August.
This August completes a summer that might become the new normal in the future: lasting impact of high-pressure systems with droughts and high temperatures in combination with heavy rain and local storm events. Unfortunately the stable weather conditions did not favor lots of wind – neither in Europe nor in North America. The results of all W.E.B production countries remained below the long-time average.
The production results in the photovoltaic power segment offered a heterogeneous picture. Germany and Czechia performed better than expected, Austria was right on target, while Italy and the United States could not keep up with production targets.
In the hydroelectric power segment, Austria and Germany remained below target.
Overview based on technology:
- Total production: –23%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Martock Ridge +32.9%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Spannberg III 940 MWh
- Total production: -12%
- Best relative plant results: Pfaffenschlag III +29.4%
- Total production: –39.3%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in August: 66,884 MWh
- Percentage of annual projections: 50.52%