W.E.B Production February 2016
03/2016 - Back to overview
Best monthly result in W.E.B history – and all that in just 29 days.
The month of February presented us with excellent wind conditions in all our production countries and enabled us to achieve a total production of 86,956 MWh – a new record in W.E.B history. In comparison to the previous record of January 2015, this month’s production was 2,200 MWh higher.
This year’s strong February is the result of powerful troughs of Atlantic low-pressure systems that kept hitting Central Europe time and again. They usually transported wind masses of stormy south and west winds and enabled the continuous operation of our, from a technological point of view, always ready wind power plants. In consequence, our wind turbines exceeded their designated daily targets two out of three days in February. All our European production countries (Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, and France) generated a clear plus in terms of wind power production. In Canada, the weather was just as stormy and lead to record production results as well.
The Austrian photovoltaic segment could not reach its target due to persistent cloudy weather. While the Czech Republic delivered rather average results, our Italian photovoltaic systems boasted a top performance. Their production results clearly exceeded all expectations and allowed the overall solar power segment to finish the month with a plus in total.
Lots of precipitation and melting snow enabled our hydroelectric power segment to stay well above its target for February.
Overview based on technology:
- Production above target: +19.0%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Plaine d' l‘Artois +42.5%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Deutsch Wagram 1,073 MWh
- Solar power production above target: +3.4%
- Best relative plant results: Montenero II +17.4%
- Hydroelectric power production above target: +41.7%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in February: 86,956 MWh
- Percentage of annual projections: 19.9%