W.E.B Production April 2016
05/2016 - Back to overview
Good wind conditions increase production
Across all our locations, the wind conditions almost exactly corresponded to our daily forecasts in April. Therefore, we were able to not only reach our target but to do even better with a total production result of 60,443 MWh.
Meteorologists consider this April to be rather typical for Germany and Central Europe: the first two weeks were a bit too warm, while cold polar air took us almost back to winter conditions with snow in the lowlands and morning frost at the end of April. This active exchange of air masses made sure that our wind power plants performed well. Austria stayed on target and Germany just missed it. France provided a clear plus in production, while southern Bohemia did not get enough wind and performed below average. Once again, our Canadian production was particularly successful.
The photovoltaic segment could not reach its monthly target due to rather cloudy weather in Austria and Italy. Good news: our Czech photovoltaic plant in Dobsice has been boasting positive results for the sixth month in a row.
In Baden-Württemberg, lots of precipitation helped our hydropower plant in Germany to perform very well. In contrast, the Austrian hydropower segment stayed below target.
Overview based on technology:
- Production above target: +2.3%
- Wind power plant with best relative results: Sigless +28.2%
- Wind power plant with the strongest total production: Neuhof III 802 MWh
- Solar power production below: -5.3%
- Best relative plant results: Dobsice +6.7%
- Hydroelectric power production below target: -1.4%
Production to date:
- W.E.B production results in April: 60,443 MWh
- Percentage of annual projections: 36%